Be involved and request regular meetings to express your opinions and concerns;
Be provided information on your child’s level of achievement on local assessments like MAAP (Mississippi Academic Assessment Program), MST Mississippi Science Test (Grades 5 and 8), IReady (ELA and Math), MKAS (Kindergarten Readiness), ACT, 3rd Grade Reading Assessment, etc. Biology EOY, Algebra I EOY, U.S. History EOY, and English II EOY
Be provided information on your child’s level of achievement in Reading/Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science
Be informed if your child is taught by a non-certified teacher for four or more consecutive weeks
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables students to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards.
- Communicate high expectations for every student.
- Teach and involve students in classes that are interesting and challenging.
- Participate in professional development opportunities that improve teaching and learning and support the formation of partnerships with families and our community.
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their student’s progress.
- Provide assistance to families on what they can do to support their student’s learning.
- Hold parent-school conferences annually to discuss this compact as it relates to the individual student’s achievement for at-risk students.
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in school activities (as published in school announcements, informational mailings, and school newsletter).
- Talk to my student regularly about the value of education.
- Monitor TV viewing and make sure that my student completes homework assignments.
- Make sure that my student attends school every day on time, unless sick or in the case of an emergency.
- Support the school’s discipline and dress code.
- Monitor my student’s progress in school and be available for school conferences when needed.
- Make every effort to attend school events.
- Ensure that my student gets adequate sleep, regular medical attention, and proper nutrition.
- Respect the school, staff, students, and families.
- Believe that I can learn and will learn.
- Come to class on time, prepared to learn, and with assignments completed.
- Set aside time every day to complete my homework.
- Know and follow the school and class rules.
- Follow the dress code set by my school.
- I regularly talk to my parents and my teachers about my progress in school.
- Respect my school, classmates, staff, and family.
- Realize that I am in control of my actions and behaviors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.