Gifted Education Program
The Hollandale School District will provide programming for students who meet the criteria for intellectually gifted services in second through sixth grades. Our goal is to provide experiences which are centered in the development of thought processes with Exercises in the MDE Gifted Program Outcomes: Thinking Skills, Creativity, Group Dynamics, Communication, Research, and Self Directed Learning. Also included are Social/Emotional Development, Visual and Performing Arts, and Career Awareness.
Gifted Resource List
The following resources are available for parent checkout.
- Parenting Gifted Children
- Mindsets for Parents
- The Social and Emotional Development of Gifted Children
- Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students
The following resources are available for teacher checkout.
- Using the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics with Gifted and Advanced Learners
- Using the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts with Gifted and Advanced Learners
- Mindset in the Classroom
- Teaching Gifted Students in the Inclusive Classroom
- 101 Success Secrets for Gifted Kids