Motor Vehicle Records Evaluation
The district will evaluate the MVR of each driver at least once per year. A driver’s MVR will be evaluated based on a point system assigned to various driving violations. Category I consist of minor violations and category II consists or serious traffic violations. Drivers accumulating four or more points over a three-year period may be deemed “unacceptable” and may be terminated.
Category I Incidents
Category I incidents are worth one point each.
- Moving violation
- “At-fault” accident
- Any combination of 2 “at -fault” accidents or moving violations in a 12 month period
Category II Incidents
Category II incidents are worth 5 points each and may lead to immediate termination from the district.
- DUI or other alcohol or drug related violation
- Reckless vehicle operation
- Assault with a motor vehicle
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Driving under suspension or revocation
- Excessive speed (20 MPH over limit)